Food Process Engineering, Encapsulation, Sustainable Food Processing
- Methodologies for the life cycle assessment of the sustainable food systems.
- Natural food preservatives nanoencapsulated by complex coacervation
- Coordinator of the MSc Sustainable Food Systems
- Coordinator of the specialization semester in “sustainable development in food industries” (5th year of the engineering degree)
- Food technology, Food packaging, food process engineering
- 2018-Present: Associate Professor, ISARA, France.
- 2017-18 : Associate Professor, Ghent University Global Campus, Corée du sud.
- 2013-2017 : Maitre de Conférences, UAE University, UAE.
- 2009-2013 : Maitre de Conférences, Université de Strasbourg, France.
- 2008: Ph.D in Process Engineering, Compiègne University of Technology, France. Thesis : Thermal and hydraulic performance of a new ohmic heating process by using fluid jet: application to fouling and viscous food products.
- 2004: MSc. In Process Engineering, Compiègne University of Technology, France
- Ghnimi S, Alkaabi K, Abdulhalim I. (2019) Method of producing a fortified dairy product US Patent 20190239527 A1.
- Ghnimi S, Zaid I, Malaspina NF (2008). Ohmic heating Process for food processing using fluid jet with radar sensor, EU Patent N° EP09/151169.
- Sami Ghnimi, Nejib Guizani Nejib (2018) Fermented and Pickled Vegetables. In: Siddiq M. and Mark A. Uebersax (Eds), Handbook of Vegetables and Vegetable Processing, Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Co., Ames, Iowa, pp. 407-428.
- Nghia PC, Joardder M, Nishani A, Ghnimi S, Azharul K (2017) Effects of process parameters during intermittent drying on quality of food materials, In “Intermittent and Nonstationary Drying Technologies: Principles and Applications, Taylor & Francis.
- Ghnimi S, Fillaudeau L (2014) Ohmic heating behavior and design parameters; Energy efficiency and control of ohmic heating process. In: Ohmic Heating in Food Processing. CRC Press. ISBN 978-1-4200-7108-5
- Ghnimi S, Fillaudeau L (2014) Equipment for ohmic heating: Tubular and Fluid Jet units for industrial ohmic Heating. In: Ohmic Heating in Food Processing. ISBN 978-1-4200-7108-5
- Afaf Kamal-Eldin, Ahlam Alhammadi, Fathalla Hamed, Sami Ghnimi (2020) Physicochemical, Rheological, and Microstructural Properties of Yogurts Produced from Mixtures of Camel and Bovine Milks, NFS Journal, 19, 26-33 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nfs.2020.05.001
- Amin Nikkhah, El HajAssad, Kurt A.Rosentrater, Sami Ghnimi, Sam Van Haute (2020) Comparative review of three approaches to biofuel production from energy crops as feedstock in a developing country, Bioresources Technology Reports, 10, 100412 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biteb.2020.100412
- Yousra Abid, Adem Gharsallaoui, Emilie Dumas, Sami Ghnimi, Hamadi attia, Samia Azabou (2019) Spray-drying microencapsulation of nisin by complexation with exopolysaccharides produced by probiotic Bacillus tequilensis-GM and Leuconostoc citreum-BMS, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 181, 25-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfb.2019.05.022
- Jian Wang, Faydi Maoulida, Chedia Ben Amara, Sami Ghnimi, Nour-Eddine Chihib, Emilie Dumas, Adem Gharsallaoui (2019) Spray-drying of protein/polysaccharide complexes: Dissociation of the effects of shearing and heating, Food Chemistry, 297, 124943. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2019.06.010
- Amin Nikkhah, Saeed Firouzi, M. El Haj Assad, Sami Ghnimi (2019) Application of analytic hierarchy process to develop a weighting scheme for life cycle assessment of agricultural production, Science of The Total Environment, 665, 538-545. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.02.170
- Venkatesh Paramesh, Vadivel Arunachalam, Amin Nikkhah, Bappa Das, Sami Ghnimi (2019) Optimization of energy consumption and environmental impacts of arecanut production through coupled data envelopment analysis and life cycle assessment, Journal of Cleaner Production, 203, 674-684. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.08.263
- Amin Nikkhah, Abbas Rohani, Kurt A. Rosentrater, M. El Haj Assad, Sami Ghnimi (2019) Integration of principal component analysis and artificial neural networks to more effectively predict agricultural energy flows. Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy, 38, 13130. https://doi.org/10.1002/ep.13130
- Nikkhah Amin, Bagheri, Iraj, Psomopoulos Constantinos, Payman Seyed Hossein, Zareiforoush Hemad, Assad Mamdouh El Haj, Bakhshipour Adel, Ghnimi Sami (2019) Sustainable second-generation biofuel production potential in a developing country case study. Energy sources, Part A : Recovery utilization and environmental effect, SN 1556-7036. https://doi.org/10.1080/15567036.2019.1677805
- Kamal-Eldin, Sami Ghnimi (2018) Classification of date fruit (Phoenix dactylifera, L.) based on chemometric analysis with multivariate approach. Journal of Food Measurements and Characterization, 12(2), 1020-1027. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11694-018-9717-4
- Sami Ghnimi, Muna Al-Shibli, Hanan Rashid Al-Yammahi, Aysha Al-Dhaheri, Fatima Al-Jaberi, Baboucarr Jobe, Afaf Kamal-Eldin (2018) Reducing sugars, organic acids, size, color, and texture of 21 Emirati date fruit varieties (Phoenix dactylifera, L.), NFS Journal, 12, 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nfs.2018.04.002
- Sami Ghnimi, Elisabeth Budilarto, Afaf Kamal-Eldin (2017) The New paradigm for lipid oxidation and insights into engineered microencapsulation of omega-3 fatty acids. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 11, 541-4337. https://doi.org/10.1111/1541-4337.12300
- Sami Ghnimi, Afaf Kamal-Eldin (2017) commentary on “Design of flavonoid microparticles with channel forming properties to improve oxidative stability of sunflower oil. European Journal of Lipid Science & Technology, 119, 1700135. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejlt.201700135
- Ghnimi S, Syed U, Azharul K, Kamal-Eldin A. (2016) Date fruit (Phoenix dactylifera L.): An underutilized food seeking industrial valorization. NFS Journal, 6, 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nfs.2016.12.001
- Ghnimi, S., Almansoori, R., Jobe, B., Hassan, M.H. and Kamal-Eldin, A. (2015) Quality Evaluation of Coffee-Like Beverage from Date Seeds (Phoenix dactylifera, L.) Journal of Food Processing and Technology, 6:12. 10.4172/2157-7110.1000525
- J. Crattelet, S. Ghnimi, P. Debreyne & L. Fillaudeau (2013) On-line local thermal pulse analysis sensor to monitor fouling and cleaning: Application to dairy product pasteurization with an ohmic cell jet heater. Journal of Food Engineering, 119 (1), 72–83, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2013.05.009
- S.K. Singh, S. Ghnimi, D. Trebouet (2012) Studies on development on methodology for extraction of phenolic compounds from hydro-alcoholic wood extracts. Separation Science and Technology, 46 (5), 720-726. https://doi.org/10.1080/01496395.2010.534758
- Z. Albaraka, S.K., Singh, S. Ghnimi., Z., Asfari, D., Trebouet (2011) Studies on the simultaneous extraction – stripping process of alkali metal picrates using 1,3 bis-benzo-crown-6-calixarene in hollow fiber contactors. Solvent Extraction and Ion Exchange, 29(3). http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07366299.2011.556930
- S. Ghnimi, I. Zaid, J.F. Maingonnat, G. Delaplace (2009) Axial temperature profile of ohmically heated fluid: analytical model and experimental validation. Chemical Engineering Science, 64 (13), 3188-3196. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2009.03.035
- S. Ghnimi, N.F Malaspina, J.F. Maingonnat, G. Delaplace (2008) Design and performance evaluation of a new ohmic heating unit for thermal processing of highly viscous liquids” Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 86 (6), 626-632. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cherd.2008.02.005
- Praporscic, N.I. Lebovka, S. Ghnimi, E. Vorobiev (2006) Enhanced Expression of Juice from Apple and Potato Tissues. Biosystems Engineering, 93 (2), 199-204. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biosystemseng.2005.11.002
- N.I. Lebovka, I. Praporscic, S. Ghnimi, E. Vorobiev (2005) Temperature enhanced electroporation under the pulsed electric field treatment of food tissue. Journal of Food Engineering, 69, 177 – 184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2004.08.037
- N.I. Lebovka, I. Praporscic, S. Ghnimi, E. Vorobiev (2005) Does electroporation occur during the ohmic heating of food?. Journal of Food Science, 70 (5), 308-311. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2005.tb09969.x
- Praporscic, S. Ghnimi, E. Vorobiev (2005) Enhancement of pressing of sugar beet cuts by combined ohmic heating and pulsed electric field treatment. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 29, 378-389. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4549.2005.00035.x