Deputy Director, Agroecology and Environnement, PhD Habilitation
- Agronomy and farming systems
- Plant production
- Organic farming
Agroecology and Environment
Agroecology – Crop and water management – Cropping systems design on organic systems using diagnosis and modeling – Technical management
- AGTEC-Org : Agronomical and technological methods to improve organic wheat
- GREMAB Gestion des ressources en éléments minéraux fertilisants en AB : quelles échelles pour évaluer la fermeture des cycles des éléments minéraux, de l’exploitation au territoire ?
- TILMAN-Org : Reduced tillage and green manures for organic cropping systems
- Eau et AB Contribution de l’agriculture AB à la préservation de la ressource en eau
Work experience and studies
Current or recent responsibilities
- Executive Dean, ISARA Lyon, Lyon, France (2011-present)
- Deputy Director, Strategy and Development ISARA, France (2019-now)
- Consultancy for private or public companies in agriculture & food sectors (2017-now)
- Coordinator of the Scientific Council at ISARA (23 Members)
- Vice Dean Research and International, ISARA Lyon, Lyon, France (2006-2011)
- Department Chair Agrosystems, Environment & Production, ISARA Lyon, Lyon, France (2004-2006)
- Habitation in Agronomy, Université Lyon 1, Title: Improvement of organic cereal systems Lyon, France
- PhD in Agronomy, Agro-Paris Tech , Paris France. Title: Nitrogen management of organic winter wheat
- Master of science in Geography – Management of sensitive areas, Institut de Géographie Alpine, Grenoble, France
- Engineer in Agronomy Specialization in Agricultural Economics, AgroSup, Dijon, France
- PhD and Post Doc research supervision : currently PhD students: Richard (2018), Vincent-Caboud (2019), Duchene (2020)
- Continuous supervision of 2-3 MSc students per year
Approximately 95 papers in peer-reviewed journals and book chapters; over 30 non-refereed conference contributions; various conference abstracts, popular scientific articles and reports. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Christophe_David
- Duchêne, O., Celette, F., Ryan, M., DeHaan, L., Crews, T., David, C. 2019. Integrating multipurpose perennial grains crops in Western European farming systems Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment Vol. 284, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agee.2019.106591
- Vincent-caboud, L., Peigne, J., Casagrande, M., David, C., Ryan, M.R., Silva, E.M., 2019. Using mulch from cover crops to facilitate organic no-till soybean and maize production. A review. Agron. Sustain. Dev. 2, 39–45.
- Wayman, S., Debray, V., Parry, S., David, C., Ryan, M. 2019. Perspectives on Perennial Grain Crop Production among Organic and Conventional Farmers in France and the United States Agriculture 9(11), 244; https://doi.org/10.3390/agriculture9110244
- David, C.; Bell, M. M. 2018. New challenges for education in agroecology. Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems. Vol. 42, n°6, 612-619.
- Richard, A. ; Casagrande, M ; Jeuffroy, M-H ; David, C. 2018. An innovative method to assess suitability of Nitrate Directive measures for farm management. Land Use Policy. Vol. 72, 389-401.
- Vrignon-Brenas, S.; Celette, F.; Piquet-Pissaloux, A., Corre-Hellou, G.; David, C. 2018. Intercropping strategies of white clover with organic wheat to improve the trade-off between wheat yield, protein content and the provision of ecological services by white clover. Field Crops Research. Vol. 224, 160-169.
- Mortimer, R., Saj, S., David, C., 2017. Supporting and regulating ecosystem services in cacao agroforestry systems. Agroforestry Systems https://doi.org/10.1007/s10457-017-0113-6