As part of two research projects, CLEAR and PERFECO, and reporting to Isara’s research department, and both its LER (Laboratoire des Etudes Rurales) and AGE (Agroécologie et Environnement) research teams, you will work on the economic performance of the agroecological transition, as well as on the development and evaluation of policy instruments to support agrobiodiversity in agricultural landscapes.
Within the framework of these two projects, and depending on your interests and skills, you will manage all or part of the projects, including methodological development and application, and project coordination.
For the PERFECO project, set up and coordinated by Isara, in conjunction with Terra Isara companies and professional players from upstream and downstream the food sector, you will be working on assessing the impact of implementing agroecological practices on farms with a focus on their economic performance and the development of business and policy models within the value chain. For this work, you will i) co-develop an approach for the quantitative evaluation of the economic performance of the exploitations, including conducting a survey of ~80 farms in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region; ii) organise workshops with farmers and industry players to discuss value chain and policy improvements; iii) analyse and promote scenarios on the impact of agroecology on the economic performance of farms and its repercussions on the farms and sectors concerned. This position is of a duration of 24-36 months. Fluency in written and spoken French is necessary for this project.
For the European project CLEAR, in partnership with a European consortium of partners, you will be working on the development of policy instruments to promote agrobiodiversity in European agricultural landscapes. To this purpose, you will co-design and run a quantitative survey at European level with different types of stakeholders on the choice of policy instruments, as well as analyse and disseminate the obtained results. This position is of a duration of 12-15 months. Experience in choice modelling is an asset for this project.
- Preferably with a PhD in economics, you will have a sound knowledge of the economics of farming systems and value chains, and policy design.
- Ideally you have already worked on the implementation of agroecological practices and their impact on the economic performance of farms, in close collaboration with scientific partners and the farming world (farmers, advisors, cooperatives).
- You have proven skills in statistics/econometrics and quantitative methods.
- You are motivated to work with qualitative approaches.
- You are interested in agro-ecological development and systems transition.
- You have experience in project management (monitoring project progress, managing interfaces with partners, leading meetings, etc.).
- You are keen to work in an interdisciplinary team in a school of human scale.
- International experience will be an asset in your application.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You recognize yourself in Isara’s values: Trust, Team Spirit, Commitment, Fulfilment.
What we offer :
- A school of human scale open to interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary interactions.
- A solid foundation of values: Trust, Team Spirit, Commitment and Fulfilment.
- A working environment where you will be trusted and where you can make mistakes.
- An ambitious annual training policy: pedagogy, project management, innovation…
- Occasional travel between the Avignon and Lyon campuses.
- 43 working days of paid vacation and 12 days of RTT.
- An agreement on bicycle mileage allowances.
- A profit-sharing agreement and employee savings schemes (PEE, PERCOL, Article 83).
- A teleworking and disconnection charter.
- A supplementary pension after 6 months with the company.
Position to be filled from November 2023 with a duration of 12 months to 3 years depending on expected deliverables and project funding.
Please send your application to: email@example.com